What Are Cookies?
We’re glad you asked! Cookies make the data analytics world go round, so the more web users know what exactly they are, the better.
- Forms related cookies. When you submit data to through a form, such as those found on our Contact Us page, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Newsletter or file download subscription cookies. When you request to download one of our research papers or other knowledge-base assets (such as our How to Debug Report Anomalies cheat sheet), cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- User login. If you are a QA2L customer, cookies may be set to remember your login information.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience while on the site, yet helping us understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we are a SaaS company, it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually use our service, and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, social media sites including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, will set cookies through our site, which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you attempt to Contact through the Site or request a file download, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to respond to any requests submitted through the Site (including sending email confirmation of your request, as well as any other communication by email or phone). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our requests for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below: